I Twitter!

Wednesday, 22 July 2009

Glory Box and a Glory Hole... I've been a temptress too long...

Glory hole Pictures, Images and Photos

Mes dahlinks, I forgot to say yesterday, that you could also see me over at my other place, my hidey hole - HERE, mes Bloggy Loves! Oh, and scroll down over there on Mad Manics and there's also a pic of me probably just out of my teens, and one of Saz-alicious too!

We thought we should post pics of ourselves as teens, 1. To show the Teen Temptresses that we once were... And Saz still is, obviously, and 2. To prove that we were actually once young, and weren't always the Grumpy Old Women, moaning about our kids, (while loving them wholeheartedly, bien sur!), that we iz today... And especially over at Mad Manic Mamas... (Dads not excluded...)

Mucha Pictures, Images and Photos

So, on to more stories, this time of the Glory Box, which made me think for some reason of the Glory Hole, which is what some of us still call our cupboards full of crap - You know the ones - Those that threaten to drown you in a deluge of mountainous debris if you so much as dare to open a door... Those cupboards that we stuff everything in if guests are on their way around, unexpectedly, and then you can never find anything where you left it... I know you have one. We all do...

You do! Confess all... La Fhina is listening...

She's also listening to Portishead, and their beautiful Glory Box...

Here are the lyrics:

I'm so tired, of playing
Playing with this bow and arrow
Gonna give my heart away
Leave it to the other girls to play
For I've been a temptress too long

Just. .

Give me a reason to love you
Give me a reason to be ee, a woman
I just wanna be a woman

From this time, unchained
We're all looking at a different picture
Thru this new frame of mind
A thousand flowers could bloom
Move over, and give us some room

Give me a reason to love you
Give me a reason to be ee, a woman
I just wanna be a woman

So don't you stop, being a man
Just take a little look from our side when you can
Sow a little tenderness
No matter if you cry

Give me a reason to love you
Give me a reason to be ee, a woman
Its all I wanna be is all woman

For this is the beginning of forever and ever

Its time to move over... ...

glory hole Look up glory hole at Dictionary.com

"a drawer or place where things are heaped together in a disorderly manner," 1825, the first element probably a variant of Scot. glaur "to make muddy" (c.1450), perhaps from O.N. leir "mud."
I've been a temptress too long?

I wish I were!

Art Mucha Pictures, Images and Photos

11 comments:

jinksy said...

If your glory hole is anything like mine, its occasional emptyings are on a par with an archeological dig - each layer goes back another century...

Chairman Bill said...

Glory hole does have another meaning, but aeeing as you've led a sheltered life I shall not shatter your illusions and deprave you.

Artist Unplugged said...

Sadly, I have multiple glory holes but don't tell Chairman Bill..........

Derrick said...

Hello Fhina!

If only one could find glory in it!

French Fancy said...

Glory Hole (chortle)

Loved your red boots

Suldog said...

Chairman Bill has said pretty much what I had to say, so need for me to say anything more.

A Woman Of No Importance said...

I have been caught out - I had honestly not realised the merry connotations of my words...

Seriously, some days, it's like Gullible's Travels around here... I've never been to sea like Chairman Bill, d'you see?

I have led a somewhat sheltered life... Brought up in a dusty convent school on the cliffs of North Yorkshire, washing flagstones to earn my piece... The only child of academic parents, beguiled in their ivory towers, and taken out for the occasional Knickerbocker Glory (ice cream) by my mad maiden aunt...

What do you mean, you don't believe me??! Wait...

Reasons to be Cheerful 1,2,3 said...

My house is a glory hole ;-)

blognut said...

My house, with every closet, drawer, and cubby in the place, can now be described as a glory hold.

And my car, too.

And my office.

And my desk drawers.

I feel so cluttered and inadequate now.

Bloggus Junkus
XXOOXX

Maithri said...

Your effervescent spirit shines off these pages my friend,

Love to you, Maithri

carma said...

I'm glad you finally posted a pic, even if it was at your secret hidey hole! You hottie...For some reason I had been picturing you with curly hair.

Something I wrote earlier...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin