I Twitter!

Friday 10 July 2009

Come Into My Arms... I believe in love and goodness.

nick cave Pictures, Images and Photos



I love this touchingly beautiful song, that I only recently found on a Manhattan Gazelle Juke Box in a rural drinking-hole frequented by farmers and their minions...

My own personal philosophy is that we really don't have to be believers to show other beings and spirits our grace, our mercy and love... We ought not to deny others the value of their faith, but neither can they deny us our choice not to believe.

There is room enough for all of us in the world...

Do unto others as you would have them do unto you...

Here are the lyrics...

"I don't believe in an interventionist God
But I know, darling, that you do
But if I did I would kneel down and ask Him
Not to intervene when it came to you
Not to touch a hair on your head
To leave you as you are
And if He felt He had to direct you
Then direct you into my arms

Into my arms, O Lord
Into my arms, O Lord
Into my arms, O Lord
Into my arms

nick cave Pictures, Images and Photos

And I don't believe in the existence of angels
But looking at you I wonder if that's true
But if I did I would summon them together
And ask them to watch over you
To each burn a candle for you
To make bright and clear your path
And to walk, like Christ, in grace and love
And guide you into my arms

Into my arms, O Lord
Into my arms, O Lord
Into my arms, O Lord
Into my arms

nick cave Pictures, Images and Photos

But I believe in Love
And I know that you do too
And I believe in some kind of path
That we can walk down, me and you
So keep your candles burning
And make her journey bright and pure
That she will keep returning
Always and evermore"

Into my arms, O Lord
Into my arms, O Lord
Into my arms, O Lord
Into my arms...

Have faith in your own goodness, have love to surround you.

Have a fab Friday, mes bloggy Manets!

Mwah! Mwah! Mwah! Did I catch you in my warm embrace? J'espere...

nick cave Pictures, Images and Photos

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are indeed lovely lyrics. Unfortunately, I have no sound on my computer (need to get it fixed). It is every individual's right to believe in what they want to, we all have an opinion and are all entitled to it.

CJ xx

Jinksy said...

I like the words much better than the music. There is certainly enough room in this big old world for people with many varied points of view to live harmoniously, if they choose. We are all human, but more than human, too...

Unknown said...

Hi Fhina,

The words are lovely and I like the piano accompaniment too but I agree with Jinksy that the music could be better - and maybe his singing!

The lyrics seem to tread that path of uncertainty.

Cynthia L. H. said...

Beautiful.
Thank you for sharing.
;^)

Liz Wilkey (a.k.a. A Mom on Spin) said...

I think that writer really does believe in God. . . What do you think?

blognut said...

I suddenly have an irresistable urge to come get a hug from Fhina.

Have a great weekend!

Love,
Bloggus Huggus
XXOOXX

Carma Sez said...

"mwwaaaaah" back at ya!

ArtistUnplugged said...

I believe everyone has a right to believe what they want to - even when they are wrong!!! I hope you have a very wonderful weekend Ms. Fhina!

A Woman Of No Importance said...

My dahlinks, thank you for being here and sharing this group-hug with me - My thoughts and my love are always with you, and especially this weekend! I don't believe that Nick Cave believes in God, Liz, no... but he believes in love, and has probably been through his own particular hells, hence the voice a little I'd guess, Jinksy Sweetie and Darling Derrick...

I think the lyrics are cool too, even if we do not 'get' his voice... And there's nothing wrong with that... We always agree to differ, amicably, non?!

That's what I love about youse all, apres tous! Mwah! xox

Dawn Parsons Smith said...

Absolutely lovely lyrics!

"Have faith in your own goodness, have love to surround you." I love it!

Thank you for sharing it!

La Belette Rouge said...

"We ought not to deny others the value of their faith, but neither can they deny us our choice not to believe."
I couldn't agree with you more. I am not a believer but I envy those who do. I would never try to take someone's faith from them. It must be lovely to believe.

undercover caterer said...

I LOVE Nick Cave! And I love this song, too.

Aleks said...

May I....It never to late to say good luck and love your writings and your spirit,:O)

Something I wrote earlier...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin