I Twitter!

Friday 23 July 2010

Stolen from Saz - Moi meme!

1. What were you doing while the football world cup was on?
Occasionally, watching it. Otherwise, I was doing the tippy-tappy, researching my Family Trees. I'm up to over 200 family members now in both my father's and my mother's, and my husband's tree - Awesome!

I have gone back in time to 1785 and 1777, and I am luxuriating in imagining the social history and shenanigans... I just discovered that a great-great-great-great aunt worked as a domestic servant in Wordsworth House in Cockermouth in 1871, which was Wordsworth's birthplace. Fascinating.

2. What picks you up when you're down?
Ooer... Laughter, above everything. A good belly laugh. Failing that, Bach Rescue Remedy or St. John's Wort!

3. Indian or China...we're talking tea here, not economics...
I like herbal teas, but a good Lady Grey is a veritable pleasure. The Earl Grey lived in Newcastle and we've got a monstrously superb extended pillar with him on the top of it in the middle of our city! (Don't mention the 'P' word!)

4. What do you value most about blogging?
Where to start. Being able to 'speak' and get all of my random thoughts onto paper'! Blogging has helped me belong to a wonderful community of like-minded people, and I love that...

Above all, the lovely and intelligent people that I've had the most enormous pleasure of reading and getting to know beautifully... I feel less lonely, and more akin, as a result of blogging, so thank YOU x

5. What can't you bring yourself to throw out of your wardrobe?
My wedding dress. White, eighties, short, frilly, lace-y. Very of its era!

It'll never see daylight again!

6. Would you rather someone didn't ask your views on controversial issues?
Oh dear, it's difficult, isn't it... I'm sorry to say I've usually got an opinion on most things, and I am "forthright", as a dear friend reminded me recently... I don't suffer fools gladly. I'm not that stubborn, but I've usually got something to get off my chest.

If ever I say anything to offend you, I'll be horrified about it and will mull upon upset for an age!

7. Do you recommend people..and then wish you hadn't?
Yes. I'm usually a pretty good judge of character. My radar has only once caught me out with a 'friend', who was disingenuous... Suffice to say, she's no longer a friend.

8. Do you own up to reading light novels, or hide them under the cushions if visitors arrive?
They're all out on display, piled by my bedside and my bookshelves are groaning under their weight. I have very catholic, very eclectic tastes... I do read the occasional bit of chick-lit, and I wouldn't hide it away... I'm usually too busy trying to beat back the dust if I have visitors, and hiding towering piles of clutter!

9. Content with your own company or gregarious?
Quite content to spend some time on my lonesome... I've never minded having to go into a pub on my own, or a cafe... I know some people that say they could never do that. But I do like and love people, and would never want to be totally on my own on a desert island without some form of company, even if it were the resident scary critters!

10. One thing which would noticeably improve your life.
Less worry about STUFF... See above! And a little more money. (Who wouldn't be honest and say that).

3 comments:

Sueann said...

200 family members...wow!! Good going!
Laughter...ahh yes! A good laugh each day keeps the doctor and depression away!!
I am an Earl Grey or Constant Comment kind of gal!
My bookcase is groaning too. I need to make time to read! Sigh!
Good info about you!! Loved it
Hugs
SueAnn

Unknown said...

The family tree must be fascinating if rather time consuming - and maybe a tad expensive too! Pity your g-g-g-g aunt wasn't on the upstairs!

Anonymous said...

Love love love your, is it, your workspace?

I do envy your success with your family tree. I have only managed back to paternal grandfather as we are a family of Smiths...and of course they had to be Alfreds, Alberts, or Georges which did not help one bit.

Great answers.

Something I wrote earlier...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin