I Twitter!

Tuesday 20 July 2010

Urban Decay...


Tonight, well, now it's a couple of weeks ago now -- Fhina's been busy, as you well know! -- I was watching the sainted Pet Shop Boys at Glasto... Glastonbury, to the uninitiated...

And I'm blown away by Chris and Neil and how they can still turn it in today, 'phoning it in practically. their music and their style...

If you can see the clip from 2010, when the young audience sings virtually all of their song, West End Girls... There's popularity for you!

Catch it at Glasto on Youtube if you can, it's still too early for it to be available as I'm tippy-tappying here...

Here we are 10 years ago... CLICKIE

And the original, in the Clickie

Neil Tennant was born in North Shields in the North East of England in the Fifties... He continues to live, at least partially, in the region... He apparently has a home in County Durham, where my two bold nephews, (currently on their hols in Italy), and wild, half-Egyptian, niece live.

We've walked the same streets, we've seen the same scenes, Neil and I... Urban decay and modern devastation, violence and the British class system, lines inspired by TS Eliot's The Wasteland...

I reserve the right to use the Pet Shop Boys to illustrate how boys can become men, and how northern men can show their mettle...

I will show you fear in a handful of dust...

Frisch weht der Wind
der Heimat zu:
mein Irisch Kind,
wo weilest du?


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hello Fhina,

The first clickie doesn't seem to want to work for me; the second seems a long time ago! I love a Liza Minnelli track that was arranged by the PS Boys!

libby said...

oooh northern men.....mmmmm....always a sucker for a northern accent me....and yes the first clickie does;nt want to play....

Something I wrote earlier...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin