I Twitter!

Monday 2 August 2010

Destiny and The Fates...


It's Sunday and the house is silent.

Silent apart from the sub-human rumbling drone of the tumble dryer...

GJ is off taking his CBT. Nooo, not Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, although he might well benefit from that, particularly in terms of Anger Management I might add -- Compulsory Basic (i.e. Motor Bike) Training --- Silly-billies, mon Dieu! Keep up, why can't you??

He's wearing days' old shabby trousers and a cigar coloured retro Americana leather jacket that I gave him one Christmas when we lived in Inverness. Twenty years ago. ...It's rather a tight fit now to say the least.

I say retro Americana, but I bought it from one of those Gents' Outfitters that you last saw in the Fifties, so it might well have been tres authentique, as opposed to tres retro, I dunno!

I'm sure he'll be safe.

I'm checking his insurance policy as I type just in case.

His mate has now acquired a retro styled bike from a local showroom that I'd rather had my eye on meself, so I'm not jealous, no... ...But, unlike GJ, he's also splashed out on a full set of leathers...

The poser!

Given that I believe most of the CBT takes place in a class-room, I'm hoping he'll be sweating like a Pig in Heat!

I jest, I jest...

The house is also quiet because since Grizz got back relatively safely, although totally skint and blinking in the daylight, from Zakynthos (Xante), he's been practically nocturnal and we've hardly seen him...

He tootled out last night, having spent a some valuable time (allegedly) infecting his girlfriend with a strain of Greek 'Flu, to see his mates in the nearby market town...

I'm back to having very little folding cash in my purse again.

Quelle surprise!

Still, I wanted to just say a few things:

Thanks for all of your kind words, purporting to the fact that I am strong, creative, intelligent and bound to make the best for myself of the woes that lie ahead of me... This is as we face several months of uncertainty while the politicians fight over how to get rid of us in the Public Sector on the cheap, to save the Fatcat Bankers paying back what they owe the tax-payer...

Anyhoo, your dependable kindness is much appreciated.

Sentiments and fond words fully taken on board.

Albeit all too quickly discarded, as I don't have a very strong sense of self-esteem at the mo'...

But treasured quand meme! You are very lovely, decent, intelligent, clever, witty, amazing, brave, beautiful and strong people yourselves... Really.

Je vous aime.

So much - Tant.

Merci mille...

This morning, I'm supposed to be getting dressed to go out to see my friend for a coffee and a chat...

That'll be why I'm still sitting here, on my first coffee, in GJ's T-Shirt, (v. glam, feat. the bulldog from Tom and Jerry), with hair like a 'borst cooch'***, looking like the Wreck of the Hesperus then!

Off to see Sazzy later. Splendiferous... But not Greeny, no.

He's ill, had to cancel, hospitalised, sadly.

Hope he gets well soon.

You see we're fated like that, GJ and I.

First John Martyn. Kippered it later in the year after we'd been to see him...

Next Davey Graham. A couple of months after meeting us he was gone to see his Maker...

I'm only glad that we're next up to see some really young, fit, folk...

Perhaps they'll be strong enough to withstand our very probable curse?

Maybe I'm some kind of modern day Medusa?

I've got the hair for it!


*** A 'borst cooch', hair like the springs peaking out of a burst couch, or rather sofa... (Pitmatic Dialogue).

9 comments:

Liz Wilkey (a.k.a. A Mom on Spin) said...

Always check the insurance policy, my friend. . . always check. . .

libby said...

Chin up as always...and we have a little in common I think.....
a) public sector worker? tick
b) saw John Martyn? tick
c) teenager in house? no money in purse? tick..tick
d) hair that would frighten small children and animals? tick
In fact once I'm dressed I'm off to boots for a box of 'put in on yourself to save some money and then have to wear a hat for weeks as it's gone a funny colour and people talk to you but look above your forehead...' will I never learn???

libby said...

p.s also meant to say I am TERRIFIED of the fates.....and who is that gorgeous child?

Saz said...

l agree with libby, a teenager, hair, death defying 3 yard stare!!

I loved seeing you and J last night,loved our chat, our laughter and you are so wise my sage, my wisdom, my sister!!

I slept like a baby too..

until notre prochaine visite!!

Saz xoxoxoox

Jinksy said...

Snakes alive!

gpc said...

Change is hard. I, for one, have always preferred to stay in a bad situation than to force myself into a hopeful change. Last year my government job was pulled out from under me, too. I was surprised to learn how much of my self esteem and sense of being came from that hateful job, I am only now starting to get my bearings. I am a lucky one, I was able to retire with a very small pension, about 25% of what I used to earn. What I've learned in that year is how little I need, and what simple things give me joy. It's not been an easy journey, but I wouldn't go back to that job for all the money in the world.

Lisa-Marie said...

I trained as a teacher, and further cuts mean that my current job, nannying (which I love, fortunately) has gone from being a stop gap to looking like being my career. I hope you fair well with the cuts, but if not, you seem like the kind of person to buckle down and get through it!

Expat mum said...

Borst cooch! God I haven't hord that one for a while hinnie.

Carma Sez said...

a "borst cooch" sounds illegal ;-) I love how cheeky your posts are and glad that you are hangin' in there OK.

Something I wrote earlier...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin