I Twitter!

Wednesday 29 December 2010

The Blog as Muse...



Sshhh! I've only got a few moments. GJ is in the bath and I can hear him about to let the water out. He manages to make sounds just as if a runaway hippo has landed in the midst of my bathroom for a surreptitious wallow... I love that word, 'surreptitious' - I haven't used it in ages. Note to self...

Is it still the Christmas holidays? Is there life at all out there in the world? Is there a future after eating more at Christmas than said runaway hippo could consume? Have I missed the sales?

I am wallowing at home, I must admit. Grizzler is also home from College and takes up more space than a herd of giraffe. That's when he's awake. Which doesn't appear to be that often. When he is, he wanders through the living room languidly, nibbling leaves off the top of trees, and only yesterday I saw him stoop to take his wallet from the top of what I like to call my Belgian bureau. I need a step-ladder to reach the top of it. He merely looks down upon its form, and secretes things up there he doesn't want us short folk to find.

The large cream leather sofa that we bought as a family seven years ago is proving otherwise - And we have all out-grown it. Grizz slumps to his full length at one end, tippy-tappying away, communicating with other teen alien life-forms, including his sweet girlfriend - I sit at the other end, laptop on the arm of the chaise longue bit, legs tucked beneath me, reading blogs and ancestor hunting. ...GJ now has to sit on the floor. The only part of him that is able to attain the sofa when we are both ensconced, Grizz and I, is his elbow. His face looks a bit like Queen Victoria's did when she was wont to say, "We are not amused!"

My husband complains profusely at our irritating tippy-tappy getting in the way of his watching endless re-runs on the Discovery and History channels. Hence not blogging in ages...

Thank you for all of your good wishes. I wish you well and hope that all your plans for New Year are splendiferous.

Weather has been particularly crap here. Lots of snowfall, treacherous roads. So, we were reduced to only going out hunter-gatherer style, for weeks. Today, low mist lies in this part of the Coquet Valley like snow-white candy floss. It's beautiful. There has been a bit of a melt and the roads are beginning to re-appear from their icy tombs. ...I hope for an outing. The skies are white-pink and blue.

I would like to buy some inserts for the new Botanic Filofax I treated myself to for my Christmas stocking...

Yes, of course I treated myself. If I didn't, who would?

As it was, the actual diary part dated from 2008, so not even last year, hence its bargain price ticket! Filofax describes it as "young, funky and utterly now" - Very me then!

I have two Filofaxes - I was feeling a little bad about that, the avarice of it, as it were, until I just read THIS at the English Muse's blog HERE. I found her bloglette while looking for some suitable photos on Google.

I shall return thence for more reading, when I am banned from the tippy-tappy very shortly. I heard the hippo moving about upstairs earlier. Only a few short mo's until I hear his tender trotters traverse the stairs...

Anyhoo, this blogger, a journalist for the LA Times, has seven, and uses one purely for Inspiration - I love the idea of that - Living inside your mind and exploiting your creative urges so. I might use my electric pink pleather Filofax that GJ gave me several years ago, just for that.

Then again, using one as an address book, also seems an interesting option. Particularly when my horizons are starting to expand with the threat of beginning my voluntary Psychotherapeutic Counselling placement, perhaps in a doctors' practice, (as soon as I can find anyone gullible enough to take me on), at some point in the New Year. I'll need to be muchly organised then...


My goddess, how I have rambled today.

You see, without the regular discipline of being a Bloggerista, just how quickly do I return to being a Rambler Without A Cause...

So, to end, because it's about time to let you get on with far more important things - Here, I have been and no further, relaxing at home, slobbing about, scarcely even combing the wrinkles out of my hair some days, and I really feel as if I would like to be some place I would find even more relaxing...

Like here. Well, wouldn't you? ~ Ciao, mes amis - Mwah!


10 comments:

NanU said...

Wonderful writing, Woman; I'm so glad you found me so I could find you. A real pleasure!
And - hurrah for paper plates, treasure hunting in junk shops, longer days, and holiday cheer.

Moannie said...

Happy happy New Year, darling girl.

Love those Filo faxes...still use an old one from the early nineties, full of telephone numbers and addresses of folks long gone and notes to self that make no sense.

Carma Sez said...

I absolutely adore you description of Grizz in his natural habitat :D

My son has turned into a lazy slug over the holiday break. Hopefully he'll kick back into high gear when he returns to school next week.

I hope you had a wonderful holiday my friend :)

Rarelesserspotted said...

Thanks for following my blog - I have enjoyed reading yours very much indeed...
Have a great 2011.

Saz said...

oh thank you....being given permission is what l really need...

l have one i use daily...and two others at least in a desk drawer...but to reuse them for other dreams..is such a fab idea...

THANK YOU, ma petite muse...

sara xx
ey bonne nouvelle annee

Paula RC said...

Hello You! Please welcome me to your wonderful world. It already feels like home to me.

Best wishes for the New Year

Chairman Bill said...

Can your Belgian bureau prove it's Belgian? Does it have a passport?

Bagman and Butler said...

I like the word blogerista as much as surrupt... syruptitious... sirepti... Now I know why I don't use that word much either.

Unknown said...

I have some serious Filo-envy going on here. Just this morning I switched to an old and ugly vinyl Franklin covey because it's bigger then the one filo I have. And sad but true, I only have the two to choose from so I'm going to live vicariously though your riches!

Tracy

Anonymous said...

You sound so cosy and relaxed!
Happy New Year!

Something I wrote earlier...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin