I Twitter!

Monday 28 February 2011

The Toon II Home and Away...





I wasn't getting at anyone with an allergy with my last posting - I appreciate that they can be horribly dangerous things. It was more the thought that someone could unfurl a little patty of butter, and not understand that milk was its foremost ingredient - Gah!

Anyhoo - Oh, but I'm glad you liked the shots of Newcastle, the city that I work in and am still getting to know and explore!

I didn't take the pictures, BTW, I found them via Google and Flickr. I so want to get a nice little digital camera, so I can post my own photos - Perhaps I'll spend some of my redundancy money on a pink one!

Can anyone recommend anything you use?

I am in Newcastle, England, for those that weren't sure... I admitted previously to living in Neurotica, and this side of Insanity, to be fair, but I live a good few miles outside of the city, in the remote hills, which I love...

And, I'll just send a little wave to those lovely ex-pats that called by from exotic locations - (((Waves))) I think those might be hugs - Still, can't be too loving...

So, on to see a little more of the city, that you might not already be aware of. I tried to pick the ones with the bluest skies. We're not known for our clement weather, mind... It's often "A bit caad!", or cold, in these parts FYI.

These are the Georgian streets, among the first that were planned in Europe - It's not all in Bath, you see!

Earl Grey's column - Yes, he of the tea! Did you know? It's gorgeous - Mind, I do love a good cup of Lady Grey myself! And always with milk!

These same streets were well known to Dickens and Wilkie Collins, who came up to Newcastle's theatres on their book and reading tours, and George Stephenson, who invented the steam engine had his factory and offices here - Right next to the Central Station - Handy! - I'm betting you didn't know that either...

This week, I'm heading off to Paris - City of Light and Grande Architecture...

A vicious Peruvian guard-dog and his owner, a house-sitter, are growling in my living room as I type...

I'm quite proud of Newcastle, really!

Au revoir - Je t'aime - Mwah! Mwah, mes bloggy braves! xxx



7 comments:

Gigi said...

I loved those pictures - although....that one guy looked American. How can one "look" American, I don't know, but he did.

I have a Nikon Coolpix digital camera (in red!) that I love!!

rallentanda said...

You forgot to mention the minature Sydney Harbour Bridge in those pics.Newcastrians should save their pennies and build a real one:)Looking forward to your pics of Paris .

Sueann said...

What is a guard dog doing sitting in your living room??? Ack!!!
I have a Nikon CoolPix as well and it is perfect for taking photos on the go...well actually anywhere. Does great close ups and panoramic as well. You will love it!!
Hugs
Enjoy Paris
SueAnn

21 Wits said...

As well you should be, it's a beautiful city..and these photos are tremendous. I fell in love with England (even a bit before) my first visit! I sent my daughter there for a few fun classes, to Bath for a study on Stonehenge) she interned in London too. We also got to roam the white cliffs and castle in Dover, strolled and stayed in Folkestone too, all very close by train from London! There is a quiet stunning elegance to the cities I saw in England and I have ancestors (far back) that I will track down their resting places on my next visit (Wales) as well. On cameras, I use a handy, small easy Nikon Coolpix and wow how cool to have a camera you can snap, snap, erase, snap, even stick in another SD card for this subject another for that, oops card full you're on top of a mountain what to do, delete some photos you don't need....life is so cool in the digitial world isn't it?

auntiegwen said...

Bonne vacance xxx

NanU said...

Have a wonderful trip to Paris. There's so much to see there, though it's often quite grey and dreary this time of year. Not worse than Newcastle, I'm sure, though! The inside of the Orsay will be as gorgeous as ever.

And let's all boycott the commenter who wants to boycott american women.

Suldog said...

That huge bridge almost looks as though it is running from one house to the other. Great shot.

And I say we should boycott American men! Filthy things, they are. Always grasping after something or other and making inane comments about...

Oh, wait. I'm one. Never mind.

Something I wrote earlier...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin