Feeling a little more tickety-boo today, (I haven't even taken any painkillers yet, which must be a good thing, non?), I thought I would once again reflect the glamour of the red carpet season, and scatter a few awards, and some more Oscar-isms that I love, to titillate your very senses, mes petits choux! See if you can spot the scattered bons mots of dear Oscar, and tell the difference from mine (Hah!).
I regard the theatre as the greatest of all art forms, the most immediate way in which a human being can share with another the sense of what it is to be a human being.
I love the Oscars - the glamour, the dresses and bling, the pomp and ceremony.
Of course, living on the other side of the world, I am snoring busily in bed when the champagne glasses are first dusted off and then clinked together in celebration, sadly...
One of these days, I would like to be a spectator there on the red carpet, to dress up for the occasion, and just watch people arriving, waving serenely, and negotiating their way towards the awards...
I was very lucky the other day to receive this wonderful award from a new friend, from the world of creative stitchery and blogging, Jan ...
I was staggered, and delighted once again to be amongst such fabulous contemporaries upon whom Jan also bestowed her friends' award. Please go and visit Jan, and then on to these other miscreants I am about to shout out to, please friends? Pretty please, with sugar on?!
"These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these kind writers.
When you pass the award along please include these guidelines.
I am to choose eight friends to share this with." 8 friends, phew! No man is rich enough to buy back his past
Scriptor Senex with his wonderful daily Rambles From My Chair - He may be knee deep in wallpaper and paint just now, and this Oscar will set off his paint spatters wonderfully!
Derrick at Melrose Musings, for his educational glimpses into the history of Melrose and its surrounds, plus wherever else he's been on his travels - He is Blogland's answer to Jerry Hall, the man is so well-travelled and clever!
It is through art, and through art only, that we can realise our perfection.
Lakeviewer - I know she hasn't any awards displayed, but I hope she can still accept this one for its charm and wit? She has a terrific writing style and oodles of life experience and wisdom to amaze and astound.
Suburbia to encourage and support her steps daily.
Illusion is the first of all pleasures.
Artist Unplugged just for being wonderful!
Adlibby for her beauty and generosity of spirit...
Anne at blognut for her nutty blogginess and rambling wit!
No woman should ever be quite accurate about her age. It looks so calculating.
Joanne at Reasons To Be Cheerful, 1, 2, 3... She hasn't been in the best of circumstances recently following difficult bereavements, and yet has continued to blog like a trooper!
And moving on to our next category. After being a follower and reader of Adlibby, she was generous enough to offer her Fabulous award to all of us - provided that we list our 5 Addictions, then pass the award on to 5 bloggeristas!
Do I know you enough to share those?!
1. Any kind of Lip Salve - Yes, I am addicted, and can go nowhere, nowhere (not even to bed) without a liberal smearing of some kind of perfumed unguent on my pucker!
2. Sleep. I love sleep and naps, and I love my pit of a bed! Snuggling down under the comforting duvet, encased in Egyptian Cotton (if I'm lucky!), down into the arms of dear old Morpheus!
3. Filing my nails! A bit weird, non? I file them probably once a day - I have terrible nails, not beautifully shaped or long, but if there is a jagged edge, I am on edge until it has been smoothed, and sometimes when I am at work, I drift from desk to desk until I find a stray emery board in someone's pen pot that I can sequester. Occasionally, I wear nail polish, probably not as often as I could; I wish that I had lovely hands, rather than the workmanlike spades I have inherited from my dad, including a very peculiar, slightly bent middle finger on my right hand (his was on his left!). Genetics is a very strange science!
To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance.
4. I fail to function well in society without the aid of my make-up bag. I have a lovely fuchsia pink leather Osprey number I found at the wonderful TK Maxx - Being at home for several months, I have grown more accustomed to going sans make-up, and have probably saved a fortune, (and scared a few postmen into the bargain!), however, once I am back in polite society again (present company excepted!), I will need to return to my daily, Eleanor Rigby-style, mask!
The public is wonderfully tolerant. It forgives everything except genius.
5. This is harder than I thought - What else am I addicted to - Hopefully not the Codeine! There is chocolate, of course, and ice cream, but I can go without when I am forced to... If someone passes me into a strait jacket, that is!
Scratches head... I shall say, I am addicted to good quality Costume Dramas, for I cannot let one go unwatched, and have a copious selection of DVDs and even some bookmarked to buy on Amazon in time, and so on... There, you have it, I am addicted to (usually dear old Auntie Beeb) BBC Costume Dramas...
The world is a stage, but the play is badly cast.
There is only one thing in life worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about.
And so, the fabulous beauties, worthy of wearing the yellow yoke and ever dark and chic sunglasses are:
Working Mum On the Verge
Saz - She is an awards magnet, but she hasn't this one, and she is fabulous, that goes without saying, so...
Crystal Jigsaw ... Soon it's lambing season, and she'll be wearing anything but chic shoes and shades - So she deserves this!
Dusty Spider for she is a little blogging treasure, with enchanting photos of her family and spotlessly clean environment..
Why was I born with such contemporaries?
I can't even add up to 5, so here I am editing once again, to add in the last, but not least:
The recently returned Hadriana's Treasures! with always something new and interesting to say!
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.