I Twitter!

Wednesday 15 July 2009

Part Deux of Moi-meme... Nutty as a fruit-cake!

cake Pictures, Images and Photos

CURRENTOLOGY


Missing someone?
Always...

Mood?
Decanted..., a little like discombobulated, only more so...

What are you listening to?
An old episode of Monty Python... 'Say no more!'

Watching?
Ditto!

Worrying about?
Being ready to face the week ahead, and trying to get all the laundry sorted in time for school, work, etc...

Cake Pictures, Images and Photos

RANDOMOLOGY

What’s the last movie you watched ?
The Ring, and before that Intersection, on TV. I enjoyed The Ring, and loved the original Japanese film, Ringu - I'm not sure which is more terrifying!

Do you smile often?

Lots...

Do you always answer your phone?
No.

It’s four in the morning and you get a text message, who is it?
My son, saying he's safe and sound, somewhere in the countryside camping, and they're just turning in for the night...

If you could change your eye color what would it be?
Brown.... Hidden depths in there...

What flavour do you add to your drink at Sonic Drive In ?
Derrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...?

Do you own a digital camera?

Yes, a second hand SLR, that even in spite of a little workshop, I am struggling to use proper like!

Have you ever had a pet fish? We did used to keep Shubunkins before Grizz was born... Loved them dearly, but found it was so sad when they sometimes failed to last, owing to the waters in Inverness...

Favorite Christmas song? I do love Santa Claus Is Coming To Town by The Boss!

Horde Cake Pictures, Images and Photos

What’s on your wish list for your birthday?
A new handbag from my bag-lady... A nice pen... A lovely lunch at a restaurant I've been wanting to visit for years, but there always seems to be something else I need to spend my money on - Like a new hoodie for Grizz...

We're going to Edinburgh in December to see a Joe Bonnamassa gig, so I'll probably have my face up against the Louis Vuitton shop, licking the windows, as they say in France... (Window Shopping!)


Can you do push ups? Chin ups? Do you mean those hold-up stockings?!

Can you do a chin up? Yes, all of them!

Does the future make you more nervous or excited? Economy-wise, I'm nervous... I am one of life's worrits...

Do you have any saved texts. Yes, those from GJ and Grizz that I treasure!

cake Pictures, Images and Photos

Ever been in a car wreck?
No, but I've seen a few in the rear view mirror!


Do you have an accent?
Sort of northern, but I've been around a bit, so it's not as strong as it once was, but you can still spot where I'm from, and then there's the smell of fish, weepettes and leeks...


Songs to make you cry?

Pavarotti singing Nessun Dorma - Gets me every time!


Plans tonight? Bed beckons....

Have you ever felt like you hit rock bottom?

Yes, once when I was almost contemplating driving the car into a harbour, when I would have hit the rock at the bottom of the sea!

I just wanted to check out, but I got a grip of myself eventually...


Name 3 things you bought yesterday?

Some chocolate, some bread and some raffle tickets for the Leek Club!

Have you ever been given roses?

Yes, my husband bought me 20 champagne roses for our first anniversary... Still my favourites, but I receive them very seldom!

Current worry?

If the regime changes, and the Civil Service gets even more chewed up - I will go back to work in a JobCentre over my dead body!

Current hate right now?

Falling asleep on the sofa with my disposable contact lenses still in!

Man Cake Pictures, Images and Photos

Met someone who changed your life? When?

GJ changed all the plans I had for my life...when I met him at 19... I've sort of been finding my way ever since, without my then-plans to guide me...

Which song represents you?

I do love this song...



Bohemian Like You, by the Dandy Warhols...

but I identify most with this one...

"Drowning in the sea of love
Where everyone would love to drown
And now it's gone
It doesn't matter what for
When you build your house
Call me home

Hold on
The night is coming and the starling flew for days
I'd stay home at night all the time
I'd go anywhere, anywhere
Ask me and I'm there because I care..."

What were you doing 12 AM last night?

Please see the question about current hates!


+cake+ Pictures, Images and Photos

16 comments:

Liz Wilkey (a.k.a. A Mom on Spin) said...

Okay, now I have to go google Shubunkins. . . you have such strange things there across the pond!

LadyFi said...

Great posts! I love Cake Wrecks.. and that Psycho Cake series is a classic!

Unknown said...

Hi Fhina,

The psyc-ake shots are hilarious and what about the hunk?!! You bohemian, you!

Jan said...

Yo sis !!!
yet another thing in common - I worked at the job centre for 5 years in the past - haven't ruled out a return if i'm desperate.
Confined to barracks for a week at the moment and being treated for the dreaded swine flu - Dr's not sure it is but better safe than not , still having computer trauma - hoping to be sorted with BT next week.

Jan said...

Yo sis !!!
yet another thing in common - I worked at the job centre for 5 years in the past - haven't ruled out a return if i'm desperate.
Confined to barracks for a week at the moment and being treated for the dreaded swine flu - Dr's not sure it is but better safe than not , still having computer trauma - hoping to be sorted with BT next week.

Jan said...

Yo sis !!!
yet another thing in common - I worked at the job centre for 5 years in the past - haven't ruled out a return if i'm desperate.
Confined to barracks for a week at the moment and being treated for the dreaded swine flu - Dr's not sure it is but better safe than not , still having computer trauma - hoping to be sorted with BT next week.

Jan said...

Yo sis !!!
yet another thing in common - I worked at the job centre for 5 years in the past - haven't ruled out a return if i'm desperate.
Confined to barracks for a week at the moment and being treated for the dreaded swine flu - Dr's not sure it is but better safe than not , still having computer trauma - hoping to be sorted with BT next week.

Jan said...

Yo sis !!!
yet another thing in common - I worked at the job centre for 5 years in the past - haven't ruled out a return if i'm desperate.
Confined to barracks for a week at the moment and being treated for the dreaded swine flu - Dr's not sure it is but better safe than not , still having computer trauma - hoping to be sorted with BT next week.

French Fancy... said...

So sad to read that you once felt as low as you did. Glad it is far behind you now.

Lovely cakes - I love cake and have the hips to prove it

x

L'Adelaide said...

cake! when I see cake, I always stop to read while I lust after it....what a fabulous post!

blessings from across the pond by a long long way~~~

blognut said...

Poor Jan does like to repeat herself, doesn't she?

Let's see - what was I going to say? Oh yeah, I loved your meme, both parts, and I think you're even adorable than I thought before. I can totally picture you licking windows at the Louis Vuitton shop, too.

Love to you,
Bloggus

Jim said...

"It’s four in the morning and you get a text message, who is it?"

It would have to be God, since I refuse to buy anything that either texts or receives them.

Carma Sez said...

falling asleep with the contact lenses in. I know what you mean. It doesn't get much worse than that- eyes practically sealed shut!

La Belette Rouge said...

I didn't know that cake and meme goes so well together. It does! Deliciously satisfying. I like frosting more than cake. I like your memes more than I like cake.

Elizabeth Bradley said...

Cake and Pavarotti! I hug out for quite some time!

A Woman Of No Importance said...

lizspin: Fancy coldwater fishies, is all, my dahlink Lizspin - Not enough interest for you to put yourself on a spin-cycle around :) xox

LadyFi: Cake is the business, non?! x

Derrick: You cheeky bism, you! :) x

Jan Sweetheart: The thought of the JobCentre beckons like the Siren-Call of a Banshee! Over my dead body and, in fact, that might still be arranged! Wishing you well and in full health, and that includes the computer too - You poor, poor thing! Love, Fhi xox

French Fancy: I did, FF, I did, ma cherie... I can put a fancy veneer on things, but I can sympathize and empathize with people who have been very, very low, because the harbour did beckon to me at one time... and who is to say that it might never do so again...

...I definitely have Cake-Bearing hips now! x

Linda: Bless you, Sweetie - Chocs and Cakes Away! x

blognut: Is there any licking of the Louis Vuitton windows you want me to do on your behalf, my sweet? If I am to go down (to prison) I would rather be sent down meaningfully (i.e. in your service, dahlink BN!), than just on my own (handbag) whims! xxooxx

Jim: And I am with you on that, Sir! Except I would not be anticipating any messages from His Lordship! Mobile communications have not always shown us the best of our natures, non?! x

carma-licious: Oh, you've been there too, my dahlink, have you?! x

La Belette Rouge: Bless you for gracing my bloglette two days' running, Belle Belette! Cake...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Thankyou for adding such sweetness to my bloggy world! xo

Elizabeth Bradley: Bless you, darling EB! x

Something I wrote earlier...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin