I Twitter!

Monday 20 September 2010

L'avenir...


Well, goodness me, this weekend has flown, and at the same time, it has lasted for aeons...

Grizz has been moved in, (albeit, semi-forcibly) into his student digs...

With its mis-matched scabrous carpets, desks made of wood that must have come from the Ark, wash-basins that were last seen in some geriatric's accommodation, and walls painted in the sort of lime green wash you only see in north eastern social clubs these days, I am not surprised it doesn't feel like home...

I have tried to scatter some magic his way, I have dispersed a variety of soft fleecey throws, thrown in via the doorway, tossed in a bunch of soft cushions in dappled shades, and today I brought some more stuff he left behind in his bedroom not thinking he'd need it, all in order to make it feel less the Institution and more Restitution...

I hope he settles.

This time isn't easy.

It's very tough on you, les etudiants...

But it's an important time. Filled with portents of the future. Time to grow and thrive, time to survive, to develop strengths that will see you through whatever the future throws your way... Time away from les parentals. Time to breathe and find yourself.

Whatever may come...

5 comments:

Expat mum said...

He probably won't notice his digs. My teen lived for 5 weeks this summer on the top bunk of a teeny dorm room with no air conditioning (think very humid and hot), - and loved it. (I was having to breathe into a paper bag but that's another story.)

Saz said...

so its freshers week eh? did he buy a bracelet...doubt you will hear much of him this week...

calme toi mon cheri!

xxxooooxxx

Suldog said...

My Godson just left for college a couple of weeks ago, and MY WIFE and I will be his first visiting relatives in October. We somewhat dread seeing his living conditions when we arrive, but we hope for the best!

Anonymous said...

Such an emotional time for mums - I hope the lad settles in.

Unknown said...

No doubt he'll be having a whale of a time, Fhina, so make sure you don't pine too much. I know what mums are like!

Something I wrote earlier...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin