I Twitter!

Thursday 18 August 2011


Today, I hope to visit Goethe's house in Frankfurt, Germany.

I visited it first over ten years ago.

Although it was bombed by the British during the war, and only the first step of the impressively elegant stone staircase remained, it has been lovingly rebuilt as it once looked.

There is a calm and a stillness about the place that speaks to my soul...

And these words by Goethe, tweeted incidentally by the actor, John Cusack, also gave me some energy recently when I was waivering in my direction...

"Until one is committed, there is hesitancy, the chance to draw back, always ineffective, concerning all acts of initiative (and creation).

There is one elementary truth, the ignorance of which kills countless ideas and splendid plans: that the moment one definitely commits oneself - then providence moves too.

All sort of things occur to help one that would never otherwise have occurred.

A whole stream of events issues from the decision, raising in one's favour all manners of unforeseen incidents and meetings and material assistance which no man could have dreamed would have come his way.

Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it!

Boldness has genius, power and magic in it.


BEGIN IT NOW"

3 comments:

Scriptor Senex said...

I called for tea but you were out!

I love the quotation. One could do with having it in big letters on one's wall.

Unknown said...

This is inspirational indeed .I do hope many see this post...if I may be so bold .

Suldog said...

God helps those who have faith, and faith leads to action!

Something I wrote earlier...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin