Thursday, 4 October 2012
This-ish week in headlines!
This week I have done the following mad, bad and dangerous-to-know things:
1. Done the zombie hand dance thing to Michael Jackson's Thriller while driving the car home on my own. NB: The road before and behind me was totally empty, and no animals were harmed during this *ahem* episode...
Come on, you know you've all done it!
2. Shouted "Owly!" out of the same car window to greet a wooden carved owl that I pass on my way to my voluntary unpaid work...
3. Shouted "Owly!" when I passed him again on my way home - I love seeing him, he brightens my day...
Am I that easily pleased?!
4. Considered that, if I love Owly so much, I should see if I could commission one for my own garden. Bugger saving for a Louis Vuitton handbag that I couldn't take out in the rain!
5. Read up all over the internet about the elderly pet rat who has lost the use of his hind legs. No, not the rat from last time, the other - really fit and healthy-cheeky rat. Still, he is managing some quality of life, in spite of his debility. And that's what t'Internets told me, whispering through a chink in the door.
6. Managed to sleep almost one full night through without waking with insomnia or a full bladder. Blissdom.
7. Had an interview for a job that I thought I really, really, really wanted. It was for a charity working with the Armed Forces on an air-base near to home. I had to be photographed for my pass and everything. They didn't ring me back. The girl following me in for interview looked about 12. Still, I left on a high as it had felt like I hadn't done too badly, and an interview in this rat-shitty day- and economically-depressed-age IS an interview after all.
8. Accepted a part-time job working for a national housing charity. Hopefully, I'll be working with folk who are recovering from mental health issues, as they settle in to their tenancies. That was the 'woohoo' moment I mentioned in my last post. I also think this success has contributed to my missing last night's regular bout of insomnia. Woohoo times two!
9. Bought my charity Christmas cards from Mind, a mental health charity, what else? I found a beautiful (and dirt-cheap (£17.49)) black lace dress at the same time, on the off chance I'd need it for a Christmas 'do' when and if I found work, and look what happened at 8. The dress is exactly like this one, but in black, bien sur - Many Stevie-like swishy skirt moments ahead, methinks!
10. Stopped desperately applying for any and all jobs. I'll still keep my eye out, of course. My job is to cover someone's sick leave, so you never know, they might come back and snatch it right from under my snotty nose after the 6 months is up!
Meantime, that other thing that I was desperately worried about for several months on end, you know that thing that I mentioned last time that was tearing out my heart and bleeding my soul. The thing that concerned me but didn't entirely concern me, so I couldn't really blog about it? Well, it hasn't wholly been resolved, but I can sort-of stop worrying myself to bits about it for a wee while.
Plus ca change, say the Froglingtons. Plus ca reste la meme chose, indeed.
Anyhoo, I've a pub quiz to get prepared for, so watch out, mes bloggy loves!