I Twitter!

Wednesday 27 May 2009

Hayseed Dixie...



La Wiki knows this, "Hayseed Dixie is an American band which began in the Fall of 2000 with the release of their first album, A Hillbilly Tribute to AC/DC. The band performs a mixture of cover versions of hard rock songs and original compositions in a style that is a cross between bluegrass and rock music. The band's name is a play on the name AC/DC and was originally AC/Dixie, but they were forced to change it. Claiming to hail from the fictional Deer Lick Holler, Appalachia, the band has played nearly 1,000 live dates in 21 different countries since 2001".

And you might never have heard of them. I think this band is bigger here in the UK than they are in America, their homeland, as you can tell by the crapalicious video, n'est-ce pas... Full of all the things that we love about the UK, non?!

Beverly Hillbillies #35 Pictures, Images and Photos

I love Hayseed Dixie's mad and fake-bad irreverance, their mock-rock hillbilly slant on la vie humaine, that could almost be luring me back to my childhood again, as a tot, sitting on the chintzy Fifties' floral sofa at my nanna's home in a former Victorian sea-side resort and fishing village on the North East coast, avidly watching the Beverly Hillbillies on her black and white TV...

Then later, she'd ask me to read out the sub-titles to her from that 'forrin fillum on the telly'... because her eyes couldn't quite cut the mustard owing to her bloggy cataracts.

Perhaps her love and prompting led me to be interested in languages and words later in life...

I just thought of that... Isn't it crazy when blogging enables us to grasp something about ourselves that we might never have discovered otherwise?

Who knows what drives us down the paths we sometimes choose, mes bloggy Bizets?

And where our dreams, nos reves, might lead us... Or you?

Beverly Hillbillies #48 Pictures, Images and Photos

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Fhina,

I sure do remember the Clampetts! Think I'll go an' fix me a heap of victuals.

Everyday Goddess said...

Just this weekend, we were at a total loss to remember the name of Mr. Drysdale's secretary. And then it hit me yesterday while I was driving to school: Jane Hathaway. I think I'll google her! She was great!

Saz said...

Ahhh to dream......

IS BUT A DREAM WITH IN A DREAM ...ERR
eDGAR aLLAN pOE?

i'M OFF TO CHECK OOUT HAYFIELD DIXIE..COS i CANT ACCESS YOUR IMAGES AND LINKS AT WORK....

HPE YOU HAD GREAT TIME IN yORK!

SAZFAB
X

Liz Wilkey (a.k.a. A Mom on Spin) said...

Oh yes, I loved the Beverly Hillbillies, but I never did hear of those other guys. . .the Hayseed Dixies???

blognut said...

AAARRRGGGHHH!!! I hated the Beverly Hillbillies. My husband can watch those old re-runs for hours and they make me want to blow my brains out!

Oy!

Have a good one, Fhina!

Bloggus Hillbilly Hatus
XXOO

Woman in a Window said...

Blogging reveals new things to me about me daily.

Are those the real lyrics of that song? OHMYGOD, slowed down...holy crap.

kapgaf said...

Ma chère Boucle d'Or (yes, it should be "Boucle" and not "Bouton", silly me),

I love those Hayseed Dixies and that first song sounds oh so familiar but I can't remember what and I never got to see the Beverly Hillbillies because we didn't have ITV (like your Nanna, a black and white television too).

Grosses bises.

Something I wrote earlier...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin