I Twitter!

Thursday 14 May 2009

It started with a tag! Where's my kiss?!

vampire bat Pictures, Images and Photos

This Meme came to me via the delightful Rosaria, Moannie and chez Saz, of course - Three very delightful bloggers, and stars of the bloggy firmament... I love these three so dearly!

1.What is your current obsession?
cougar Pictures, Images and Photos

Fhina does her best shamefaced look - The 'Twilight' Saga, and being a great big cougar*** for Edward Cullen!

2.Which item of clothing do you wear often?

Contact Lenses!

Not clothing, per se, I'll admit, but I'd pass for a bat without them!

3.What's for dinner?

A baked potato with Goat's Cheese and a leafy salad...

4.What are you listening to?

The Hold Steady's 'Stay Positive', and 'Sequestered in Memphis' is up next... And Louis Theroux and one of his weird weekends is on TV, with the sound turned down...



5.Say something to the one that tagged you.

You are very special, very wonderful and talented women - I am grateful for meeting you as friends, and feel most honoured to know you... Thank you!

6.Favourite vacation spot?

Seine Pictures, Images and Photos

Paris, always, and the Caribbean for full-on, chill-out, and occasionally affordable, luxury...

7. What I'm reading right now?

I would normally be eating my way, like the hungry book-worm that I am, through any number of modern British or American novels, but please see Question 1 for the answer to what I am re-reading...

Please don't leave in droves, I couldn't bear it, mes bloggy Black Beauties!

8. Four words to describe myself.
witch Pictures, Images and Photos

Nice, neurotic, Neighbourhood Witch!

9.Guilty pleasure.

Cake, always cake. I'm with Marie Antoinette on that one, mes bloggy Pacific Heights!

ckae Pictures, Images and Photos

Oh, and ice cream!

10. What do you think you will feel about your life when all is said and done?

'Did I do enough?'

11. What do you look forward to?

High days and holidays - We call them 'hollingberries' in our nuclear-explosion family...

12 Who or what makes you laugh until you’re weak?

On TV, Outnumbered, Michael McIntyre - same as Saz, Eric Sykes - always - and at home usually GJ - who makes fun of my blonde stupidity and eccentricities, and Richard - my friend at work, who is master of the cheeky double-entendre, that makes me go all teenage-rouge and forget myself in a very pleasant and unprofessional way!

13. Best thing you ate or drank lately?

A piece of hand-made chocolate cake, bought in a shop in Otterburn, Northumberland, even though I am on a diet... Here comes that shamefaced look again...

14. Flower of the moment?

All in the countryside (GJ has recently broken my biggest, best vase!): Brilliant yellow gorse-flowers, and those emerging bluebells!
Bluebells Pictures, Images and Photos

15. Favourite ever film?

Aidan Quinn Pictures, Images and Photos Practical Magic, for the magic and the music and Aidan Quinn's baby blues...

Tootsie for Dustin Hoffman's laughs...

And Cary Grant's Mr Blandings Builds His Dream House...for the fun and the nostalgie for a time gone that will never come again...

16.When did you last get tipsy?

A week last Saturday at the pub - Already mentioned it here, as I attempted to write a blog on my return - Not to be recommended, mes bloggy Oryx!

My tipple, you ask?

Why, the Black Stuff...

17.What tv/films have you been watching recently?
Edward Cullen Pictures, Images and Photos

TV: All the Small Things, The Apprentice (first time I've ever watched it, but I've just weaned myself off American Idol!); Movies: Twilight (*cough*), and An Ideal Husband, which I was disappointed in, sadly...in spite of the fab cast.

18. Care to share some wisdom?

Always the same - Sorry to be a bore - Regret nothing, and do nothing you will regret!

Je ne regrette rien.

19. If you could be someone famous, who would you be and why?

Lorne Campbell - Joanne Harris I Pictures, Images and Photos

Joanne Harris - Author of Chocolat and a variety of other very interesting novels - I would love to have her successful career, and to have been a part of making a film... Johnny Depp has nothing to do with it! Whatever do you mean, Derrick!

I'd guess you could also say Tracey Chevalier for her lovely stories, and Girl With A Pearl Earring, as well as the lady who wrote Bridget Jones' Diary - Helen something?
tracy chevalier Pictures, Images and Photos

I just this week caught Tracey Chevalier on TV in a brief clip about authors' workspaces/studies... Tracey, an American living in the UK, is currently writing a book about famous woman paleontologist, Mary Anning, so her study is painted a light, sea-blue, is filled with seashells and fossils, and its walls are covered in photocopied pictures of the famous male scientists Mary would have had met through her work. Even Tracey's notebooks in which she laboriously hand-writes 1,000 words a day, before transferring them to her computer, are the silver grey colours of the sea and fossils - She chooses all these things specifically to spur her on with her novels. I found this tres interessant, she is a true synaesthete, non?!

Mary Anning\'s famous Plesiosaur Pictures, Images and Photos

Helen Fielding - it's just come to me... And I so admire Helen for living out her fantasies about Mr Darcy and Colin Firth!

Colin Firth "Piano" Pictures, Images and Photos

20. What did your last text say and who was it from?

I think from my OH on Thursday morning, saying he had met an Irish barmaid in Frankfurt, who spoke perfect German, and he thought his luck was in! He texted me later to say there was a muzak version of Stevie's Leather and Lace playing in the lift, so I knew he would return to me on Thursday evening, after all, as to think of la Stevie is surely to think of la Fhina too - At least in his case, it usually is!

21. What is your favourite animal?

Best friend \"Goat\" Pictures, Images and Photos

All animals, but especially Bats, Meerkats, Coati Mundis, Cats and Dogs... And I still want to home a goat!

22. What name would you change yours to?

Fhina Crawford, or even Fhina Darling Wiki, according to the delightful Diane!

23. A question, a question, my kingdom for a question?

A day all to yourself, what would you do with it?

Spa Pictures, Images and Photos

I have been meaning to try out a pedicure for months, so a spa day all for me, no expense intended, would be a marvel... A good book, some floaty music, the scent of coffee and cakes in the air, and some filtered water would be lovely, thanks!


If you'd like to pick up this Meme and run, or waddle with it, please do?

Please do mention me when you do, and let me know when you have done it, and remember to add on your question at the end?

Salut, mes bloggy picnic baskets? Des bisous tout plein, hein?! xxx

-kiss Pictures, Images and Photos

*** COUGAR:
An attractive woman in her 30's or 40's who is on the hunt once again. She may be found in the usual hunting grounds: nightclubs, bars, beaches, (blogging?!), etc.
She will not play the usual B.S. games that women in their early twenties participate in. End state, she will be going for the kill, just like you.
Associated with milfs (Please, Goddess Wiki, don't ask me to tell you what milfs means - It's just too rude?! ;) As in, 'I bagged a cougar last night at the club'.

17 comments:

Zuzana said...

Lovely lovely, always lovely to get to know more about you!;)
I love your guilty pleasure and I also loved "Practical Magic", I think that is when Sandra looked her most beautiful with all that long, thick, wild hair.;)) And yes, Aidan is very handsome.;)
And of course I love the quote; living without regrets is an art.;)
xo
Z

kapgaf said...

Ma chère FSI,

This meme reveals more of you and you are so many things : wonderful, wicked, wild, romantic, mysterious, hedonistic.

I'll raise a midnight margherita to you and say "santé".

Bises tout plein

Midlife, menopause, mistakes and random stuff... said...

You are just a lovely person...........delightful actually :)

Steady On
Reggie Girl

Bagman and Butler said...

I really enjoyed getting to know you better. Very glad you were asked all those questions. I also enjoy the way you illustrate your blog.

Suldog said...

My goodness! Loads of interesting information that puts the lie to your "Woman Of No Importance" name. Very enjoyable read.

French Fancy... said...

Now this is my favourite sort of post from you - all your own work from your imaginative brain. Throw Wiki away and go forth with your neurons blazing,Fhina.

I also love cake and ice cream - I actually enjoy many of the same sort of things. In fact I might take this and run with it some time in the future

x
(I've just returned from my pedicure and it is like walking on air)

Reasons said...

Beautifully done Fhina. I really enjoyed reading this. Am so with you on you perfect day..the bubbles..the cake...the pampering..a good book..perfection.

Unknown said...

Excusez moi, madame but how did I manage to get dragged into this?! If you want Mr Depp, he's all yours!

You're a game girl doing this list. Is there a cap on the number of questions?

Margo said...

why on earth would this drive us off in droves? thanks for doing such a creative job with this. (I want cake now. preferably pink, but with chocolate cake - must be lunch time. I detest what the media has done with the cougar concept... taken it to an ugly "characaturish" extreme)

Rosaria Williams said...

Now you've done it, badmouthing my Johnny! Joanne Harris is indisputably enviable. You just might kick her off her stand, though. She has none of your cheekiness fun. She can be such a boring plodder.
Thanks for the romp.

blognut said...

Love it! I always love hearing more about the mysterious Fhina!

Bloggus
XO

Eleonora Baldwin said...

It's so wonderful, getting to know you better! And in such a chic, entertaining and elegant manner. We have few key elements in common, cheri.

Au revoir, ma petite coquillage

Saz said...

I really enjoyed this Fhina!

We are but sisters under the skin for sure...Practical magic, when he grabs her and kisses her after the 'letter' confession!

Bluebells, sea glass, sharks teeth, Mr Darcy, Mlle(s) Harris and Fielding and Chevalier...
I love my spa days to infrequent and I now have pedicures every fortnight at the 'college' cheap and effective!

et beaucoup de gateaux et fromage, mais le fromage devant pas apres, commes lea anglais!!

off to check out 'hold steady'??/


love yas!!!

Michelle said...

I love The Hold Steady and as usual your photos are stunning. The meme was a good one. I learned more about you and how amazing you are. Also we have a lot in common. How cool is that???

Carma Sez said...

Fhina- you cougar ;-) Why is it I can't picture a man thinking at the end "Did I do enough" It seems like such a woman-thing; I always feel the same way...enjoyed reading your answers to this meme..

Anonymous said...

The spa day is a MUST! Loved this meme.

A Woman Of No Importance said...

Protege: Bless you, my sweet Z! And I love la Bullock in While You Were Sleeping, and I very much covet her dress style in that, and her lovely hair - Mine is just so thin and a decent colour, but not glamourous, like yours, Z! xxx

kapgaf: Your name so intrigues me, my dahlink! I never thought of myself as hedonistic, but I think you are probably very right - You are such an intuitive kapgaf... I do have a wild heart, but you might not know that to look at me... A midnight Margherita would be so cool! xxooxx

Midlife, menopause, mistakes and random stuff: Thank you so, darling Reggie Girl - And I always say, 'It takes one to know one!' ;) Have a fabulous fun-filled weekend, dahlink! xxx

Butler and Bagman: Thank you very much, you wild and wonderful gentlemen... xx

Suldog: You are very sweet, Sir, and even more so with those new gnashers! ;)

FF: Sorry my sweet French Fancy... I wanted to cover some favoured and favourite eccentrics of mine, so I did some quick and fast blogging and photo capturing - I have added some more of me back in, after your prompting, but I have found this week very challenging in terms of writing and doing anything enjoyable, rather than slouching in front of food and the TV, after work! Not good! I am ravi that you are interested in completing this Meme - I shall so look forward to reading your individual and characterful take on things, FF! xxx

Reasons to be Cheerful 1,2,3: Many thanks, my lovely friend, Jo! You are perfection indeed... xox

Derrick: I just thought you might think I was leching - is that a word? - on men too much in my posts, Sir! I shall be over to see you at yours (blog that is, don't lock the shop door just yet!) later, Sir... I don't think there's a stop on the number of questions, it might eventually get into the hundreds, if we all run with it! x

Margo: :) You've just made me very happy, dahlink! I know exactly what you mean about cougars and cake, my sweet! x

lakeviewer: Badmouthing 'your' Johnny - Never, my darling Rosaria - I love him, both as an actor and for his, to my eyes, very European, tastes and style... He is wonderful! And as for Joanne, you are so, so kind to say what you have said! I could scarcely believe my bat-eyes when I first read your comment, and now I am re-reading it and you have touched my heart so! xox

blognut: Thank you, sweet Bloggus Interruptus! Am I mysterious? I always think there's so much of me out here that folks will get sick to death of mememe! Love to you, as ever, my sis' xox

Lola: It is so nice to reflect that we have things in common across our blogs, Lola - I think it is what brings us here together, non?! Coquillage, that's such a wondrous word - Grazie bella! xox

Fat, frumpy and fifty: We are, we are! I have to watch and re-watch those bits with Aidan - Such a warm and wonderful actor... It is my favourite comfort film, I must say - Undemanding, sweet, warm, magical... said...

I really enjoyed this Fhina!

We are but sisters under the skin for sure...Practical magic, when he grabs her and kisses her after the 'letter' confession!

Bluebells, sea glass, sharks teeth, Mr Darcy, Mlle(s) Harris and Fielding and Chevalier...
I love my spa days to infrequent and I now have pedicures every fortnight at the 'college' cheap and effective! I need to check out the college in Newcastle for the tootsie treatments, I think! Now I am on my Hold Steady feet again! I think the Hold Steady have cornered the market where Bruce Springsteen might have gone after Born to Run... Hope you enjoy - Hope to see you soon - That would be so precious! Love and light, xxx

Michelle: Great stuff, my lovely Michelle! Thank you for enjoying the Meme - I shall be over to visit yours later, my darling, for a high-energy drink and a good catch-up and gossip! xox

carma: I think, as always, you are just so clever and so right, dear Carma! x

The Things We Carried: Bless you, sweet one! x

Something I wrote earlier...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin