I Twitter!

Tuesday 8 September 2009

Dreams, Wishes, Fantasies...

Dreams Pictures, Images and Photos

'Be careful what you wish for', is often what people will say to you, who are sometimes afraid of hope... Or who want to protect you from yourself, from wanting too much, and being disappointed - Perhaps...

I just wanted to share with you a few of the things that I was wishing for and dreaming about while on holiday in the Netherlands recently... No, not that kind of fantasy! What kind of Fhina do you take me for?

Wait, don't answer that!

...That's the OTHER-ONE (as my once toddler son used to say), fantasy, involving me enrobed in sprigged muslin being whisked off by a dashing raven-haired countryman on the back of a rearing white steed...

"Be still my beating heart..." Do you know, I said those very words when I first touched lips with the man who was to become my husband... (He's used to pretty much all my eccentricities now, as it turns out - Thankfully! He's a little odd-ball himself, to be fair - And his family are certifiable, but the least said about that the better...)

Anyhoo, what I meant was that I was wishing that GJ and I could gallivant through the Netherlands at some point on a pair of these:

vespas Pictures, Images and Photos

But you know that mine would look more like this one, right?!

pink vespa Pictures, Images and Photos

And we were to see them everywhere in the Netherlands, even on outings to the beach, with glimpses of parasols through their gleaming visors...

I took a lovely photo, which I shall download if I ever get clever enough to do so...

I coveted one Vintage Piaggio I spotted in a shop in Haarlem, which was candy pink and resplendent in decals showing the Eiffel Tower and fairy-cakes with French flags on them... Very Fhina, non?!

And then, there's the other Fhina-Fhantasy - The one I've had for years and years, involving this:

Vw camper Pictures, Images and Photos

and this pair:

dachshunds Pictures, Images and Photos

and a life on the open...

pose Pictures, Images and Photos

Well, a girl can still dream, can't she? When do we give up on our dreams, mes bloggy ink-patterns?

When are we too old to dream?

Do you have an opinion on this, mes charmants?

Please do whisper in Fhina's ear - The Doctor is in! La clinique est ouverte!

Maxine / Doctor Pictures, Images and Photos


17 comments:

blognut said...

Let's see if we can get a group discount on those scooters. You get the pink one, and I'll get the purple.

Bloggus
XXOOXX

AmyK said...

You are never, never to old to dream. The outside may age, but the inside is a young woman forever.

♥ Braja said...

Great new blog look Fhina :)

Alan Burnett said...

As I just confessed on another blog, all I seem to dream about these days is getting my things in order. I fear that this is the dream of an old man. Sad.

Merisi said...

A red Vespa with polka dots, hilarious! :-)

I hope some of your wildest dreams do come true!
(My parents used to own an avocado green VW - why did they ever sell it?)

Merisi said...

Congrats on David's Post of the Day Award! :-)

Saz said...

congrats on POTD my dear!! We seem to follow each other around the place don't we!!

We have such similar tatses..I t want an old VW tourer, or an airstream to drag around the place in my dotage..europe by VW...sigh..

Sandi McBride said...

And you ended a perfectly brilliant post with my heroine, Maxine. What could be better? Why, do get a nomination from David for Post of the Day!
Congratulations!
Sandi

Brian Miller said...

keep dreaming, and perhaps they will find you. love the pics...the last one especially. congrats on the POTD mention!

Boozy Tooth said...

Be careful what you wish for indeed...

Just popped over to congratulate you on your POTD mention at authorblog. I thoroughly enjoyed your post - especially the photo of the Doxies in their hot dog suits (but isn't that redundant?). I am a great lover of Dachshunds and own a darling wiener myself. Thanks for the fun post.

Unknown said...

Fhina! I turn my back for a day or two and it's unrecognisable here! I wonder if a pink-framed mirror like what you've got would go well in the shop?

Just think, you could pop up here on your scooter.

Dreams? I'm sure we never stop.

Dumdad said...

Dreaming is a great - and it's free!

Lori said...

This is the 3rd post I've read today that has talked about dreams or wishes. I think someone is trying to tell me something! Your post made me smile and reminded me of something I forget to do. Thanks! Congrats on post of the day mention!

LadyFi said...

Lovely mopeds! And what a cute pair of hot dogs.. will they run after you on your scooter?

Cheffie-Mom said...

You have a great blog here! Congrats on the Post of the Day Award!

Elizabeth Bradley said...

Dream big. I say.

Congrats on POTD.

Carma Sez said...

I have always wanted a lime green scooter. Maybe some day we can meet up and ride together :-)

Something I wrote earlier...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin